CNC Machinist (Milling, Turning)
Job Title: CNC Machinist (Milling, Turning)
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 6 years of experience
CAD $58,000 – $68,000 per year ($28 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
7 Positions Available
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
• Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
• Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
• Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
• Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
• May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
• Operating CNC Machines and programing using Heidenhain controls according to documentation
• provided and required production goals for components.
• Working from engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions, and participate in solving machining related issues
• Machining and setup of components according to drawings and instructions for projects, spare parts and subcontract works.
• Ensure all documentation is properly filled-out, control allocated time on components, route sheets, equipment maintenance records.
• Reporting on quality and operational issues with in the department to the department supervisor.
• You will be responsible and will continuously work closely with the team members to ensure quality of work within the department.
• Promote a safe environment and ensure safety while handling work pieces
• Ensure daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment for efficient function and to minimize downtime, identify equipment problems and communicate solutions as required/needed.
• Operate equipment within the machining department on different shifts and weekends as necessary.