Job Title: Massage Therapist
Location: Toronto, Canada
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 3 years of experience
CAD $45,000 – $50,000 per year ($25 per hour depending on experience)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
10 Positions Available
• Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
• Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
• Administer massage techniques, treating soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations, remedial exercise programs and client self-help programs
• Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques for further postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises
• Maintain records of treatments given
• May consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists when developing treatment plans for clients.
• Requires completion of an 18-to-24-month or 18-to-36-month program in massage therapy from an accredited school and a period of supervised practical training.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school level (Secondary school) is mandatory and any diploma, degree, or trade certificates are advantages