Job Title: Welder-Fabricator
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 5 years of experience
CAD $58,000 – $68,000 per year ($28 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
5 Positions Available
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), fluxcored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
• Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
• Preparation of components for welding process which may include items, such as, jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, levels, clamps, and other assorted tools.
• Determining the appropriate welding process based on material(s), application, and drawing requirements.
• Cutting and preparing materials for fabrication using automatic and manual saws, plasma/torch cutting and a variety of hand tools
• Using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead).
• Participate in the assembly of completed structures.
• Conduct visual assessment of welded joints and assemblies for fit and function ensuring product meets or exceeds company standards
• Minimum 3 years previous TIG welding aluminum experience
• Minimum of 5 years Mig welding experience, carbon and stainless steels.
• Completion of a related technical diploma and/or CWB certification or equivalent would be considered a strong asset.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school level (Secondary school) is mandatory and any diploma, degree, or trade certificates are advantages