Construction Worker (Cabinet Maker or Helper)
Job Title: Construction Worker (Cabinet Maker or Helper)
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 5 years of experience
CAD $52,000 – $62,000 per year ($25 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
10 Positions Available
• Study plans, specifications or drawings and blueprints of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
• Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
• Operate woodworking machines, such as Edge-banders, Sliding Table Saws and Mitre Saws, Drills, Laminate Files, Palm Sanders, power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
• Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply spray painting, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
• Repair or restyle wooden furniture, plastic laminated, fixtures and related products
• May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
• Experience using a CNC Machine or programming a CNC machine using eCabinets Software is an asset
• Ability to lift 50lbs is required as that is the weight of 1 piece of melamine.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• High school level (Secondary school) is mandatory and any diploma, degree, or trade certificates are advantages