Job Title: Formwork Carpenter
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 5 years of experience
CAD $52,000 – $62,000 per year ($25 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
10 Positions Available
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials
• Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems
• Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding, and hardware
• Maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments
• Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
• May prepare cost estimates for clients.
• Cutting and fitting tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
• Preparing, measuring, and marking surfaces to be covered
• Mixing, applying and spreading mortar, cements, glue or other adhesives using hand tools
• Aligning and straightening tiles using levels and squares
• Cutting, polishing, and installing marble, quartz or granite
• Removing and replacing cracked grout and/or damaged tiles.
• Exceptional attention to detail and must be able to lift up to +50lbs.
• Experience working with lumber and drywall is an asset.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school level (Secondary school) is mandatory, and any diploma, degree, or trade certificates are advantages