Job Title: Head Chef
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 3 years of experience
CAD $35,000 – $45,000 per year ($17 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
5 Positions Available
• Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
• Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
• Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
• Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Recruit and hire staff
• May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
• Prepares and cooks complete meals or specialty foods such as sauces, soups, salads, vegetables, meat, poultry and fish dishes.
• Good knowledge of receipt reading and costing.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a large volume restaurant
• Current FOODSAFE certification
• Good knowledge of current food trends.
• Basic knowledge of WHMIS standards as well as the N. B. Health and Safety act.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school level (Secondary school) any diploma, degree, or trade certificates are advantages