Job Title: Production Chef
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 5 years of experience
CAD $37,000 – $47,000 per year ($18 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
3 Positions Available
• Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
• May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
• May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
• Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
• Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
• Create new recipes
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
• May plan menus
• May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
• Be creative with menu development while understanding recipe specifications including local, all natural, organic, healthy options, Gluten Free and Dairy Free (Healthy Gourmet Comfort Food)
• Coordinate food production with emphasis on batch, bulk and catering
• Understand product labelling system and codes
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school level (Secondary school) Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.