Truck and Coach Mechanic
Job Title: Truck and Coach Mechanic
High school level (Secondary school)
Any Diploma, degree or Trade certificates are added advantages.
Min 3 years of experience
CAD $58,000 – $68,000 per year ($26.06 per hour)
Transitional Work Permit to Permanent Resident VISA
50% and above Average
10 Positions Available
• Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions on equipment and truck and trailers in the shop and field calls when required
• 310T inspects, repairs and maintains our fleet of equipment including electrical and electronic systems; Engines including fuel, exhaust, intake and emission controls; Transmissions, clutches, drive shafts and axles; Body and trim, frames and hitching/coupling systems; Steering, suspension and computer control systems; Tires, wheels and hubs; Braking systems including air supply and hydraulic, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
• Arrange and obtain inspections/approvals of all major repairs before vehicle is released for fleet use;
• Install, adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic systems
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems of diesel-powered units including structural, brake and electrical systems.
• Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance work
• Licensed Truck & Coach Mechanic (310T)/ Heavy Duty Certification or registered 310T apprentice; or able to pass provincial testing within 6 months of arrival
• Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence; or able to obtain valid license within 3 months of arrival
• Knowledge and experience in Preventative Maintenance Programs;
• Good knowledge of trade related worksite safety;
• Proven work experience related to heavy-duty equipment such as gravel trucks, plow trucks, winter maintenance attachments, loaders, graders, sweepers, mowers, backhoes, etc.
• Good verbal and written communication skills